Raymond J. Meyer graduated from Loyola University – Stritch School of Medicine, Chicago in 1991, and completed his residency in Orthopedic Surgery at Northwestern University Medical School in Chicago. He then went on to complete a Sports Medicine Fellowship at the Minneapolis Sports Medicine Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Dr. Meyer is the vice president of Rezin Orthopedics and Sports Medicine and began practicing in Morris in 1997. He is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon and his practice focuses on arthroscopic surgery and sports medicine related injuries with an emphasis in shoulder and knee reconstruction. As the team physician for Joliet Catholic Academy, he has the opportunity to work with athletes on a regular basis.
Dr. Meyer resides in Morris, Illinois, and in his free time, enjoys spending time with his wife and their three children. He holds clinic at the Morris, Joliet and Ottawa Rezin locations.
Education & Training
- University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, B.S., 1987
- Loyola University of Chicago – Stritch School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, Doctor of Medicine, 1991
- Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois, Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program, 1996
- Minneapolis Sports Medicine Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Sports Medicine Fellowship, 1997
- Board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons, 1999 Re-certified in Orthopaedic Surgery by the ABOS, 2009
- Member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American Medical Association, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, and Will-Grundy County Medical Society
- Affiliated with Morris Hospital, Provena Saint Joseph’s Medical Center, and St. Mary’s Hospital.